We had a fantastic conference in Washington, D.C. in April. 260 people from our Archdiocese for the Military Services, USA attended our 60th Anniversary conference and heard presentations from CH (MG) Paul Hurley, our US Army Chief of Chaplains, Dr. Edward Sri, and Donna-Marie Cooper O’Boyle.
We also installed a new Board of Directors. Our new executive board includes: Michelle Nash as president, Sandy Goetz as Vice President for Conference, Muffy Patterson as Vice President for Journey of Faith, Aimee Miller as Finance Manager, and Heather Johnson as Secretary. We also installed new regional coordinators and several appointed positions.
Of note, under Michelle Nash’s new leadership, the board has created an appointed position for to ensure better outreach to our Spanish-speaking military spouses.
As you can see, our website is under significant construction to move forward and cast a wider net in the next two years. Please join in with MCCW through our Facebook Group – MCCW-Worldwide Community and check back regularly for upcoming events.
Registrations are pouring in! Travel plans are being made! Before we know it, it will be time to pick out our wardrobes and pack our suitcases for Conference. Before you zip up your luggage, MCCW and the 60th Anniversary Committee has one more thing to share with you.
MCCW has partnered with Artistic Works by Lu, in Leavenworth, Kansas to create two beautiful pieces of commemorative jewelry — a necklace to celebrate our 60th anniversary and a bracelet honoring MCCW. The two pieces complement each other perfectly! Take a look at what we have come up with.
MCCW’s 2016 signature Lu jewelry is available for $30/bracelet and $30/necklace. The set, one bracelet and one necklace, will be available for a discounted price of $55. All profits from this fundraiser will be used to support MCCW’s programs.
As we look forward to celebrating our history, from 1955 to today, and prepare for our promising future, won’t you join us in celebrating in style with these beautiful commemorative pieces? You don’t have to attend conference to purchase – all are welcome to support MCCW-Worldwide and show your MCCW spirit.
Contact Denise Hummel at MCCWjewelry@gmail.com or by phone at 913-680-9455 to place your order. All orders and payments must be submitted no later than Friday, March 18. Jewelry will be delivered at conference. Denise will provide shipping information for those not joining us at conference.
Blessed Mother Teresa once said, “I will never understand all the good that a simple smile can accomplish.”
Now, thanks to a partnership with Amazon, the women served by MCCW will get to witness the power of a smile firsthand. The Amazon Smile program allows shoppers to donate a portion of their purchases to the nonprofit organization of their choosing. MCCW has been added to Amazon’s list of eligible organizations and it couldn’t be simpler for you to start supporting MCCW today.
Instructions for AmazonSmile:
1. Visit www.smile.amazon.com
2. Type “Military Council of Catholic Women” into the Organization search bar and click on it.
3. Click on the “Select” button and you will be taken to the Amazon storefront.
4. Amazon will save your settings for future shopping but you will need to use the URL www.smile.amazon.com (instead of www.amazon.com)
5. You will know your shopping trip is benefiting MCCW when you see a banner reading: “Supporting: The Military Council of Catholic Women — Worldwide, Inc.” under the search bar.
Your “smile” will allow MCCW to continue helping military-affiliated women everywhere meet their full potential through:
• Retreats and Conferences: Regional retreats, days of reflection, and conferences foster and nourish the faith of our Catholic women. Held in various locations in each of MCCW’s six globe-spanning regions, participants are immersed in praise, worship and ministry; and return home inspired to continue their work for Christ.
• MCCW Journey of Faith Training: Journey of Faith leadership training is offered at retreats and conferences and is also available as a “traveling program” that can come to your community. The modular program addresses topics of spirituality, the Catholic faith and leader development.
• Resource Development: MCCW’s website, conference materials, Bible study guides and training manuals are provided at no cost to women’s ministry programs around the globe.
All that from a simple smile!
“Just Smile” contributed by Kim Miller.