MCCW is celebrating its 60th Anniversary in 2016. We are creating a custom cookbook featuring favorite recipes from our members. These cookbooks will be professionally published and are sure to be a treasured keepsake for us all. The cookbook will be divided into sections for each Season in the Liturgical Calendar. We would love to know how your families celebrate our faith through your recipes and stories.
Please submit 3-5 of your favorite recipes so you can be represented in our cookbook. Many recipes from all members will ensure that our cookbook is a success. We are using Morris Press Cookbook’s web site to easily submit recipes online. If you do not have Internet access, our committee can enter them for you.
To Submit Recipes Online:
· Go to www.typensave.com and click ‘Login.’
· Enter the User Name: MCCW60th
· Enter the password: simmer303 and click ‘Submit.’
· Enter your name and click ‘Continue.’
· Click ‘Add Recipes’ to begin adding your recipes.
Recipe Writing Tips:
· When adding recipes, review the “Tips” and use standard abbreviations.
· Only enter 1 ingredient per ingredient line.
· List ingredients in order of use in the ingredients list and directions.
· Include container sizes, e.g., (16-oz.) pkg., (24-oz.) can.
· Write directions in paragraph form, not in steps.
· Use names of ingredients in the directions, e.g., “Combine flour and sugar.” DO NOT use statements like, “Combine first three ingredients.”
· Include temperatures and cooking, chilling, baking, and/or freezing times.
· Additional comments about the recipe (history, nutritional data, suggested uses, etc.) are not allowed unless a “Recipe Note” field is visible. Enter extra recipe content in that field.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact April Mika at MCCWWellEditor@aol.com.
“MCCW Anniversary Cookbook” contributed by April Mika.